Read this before you swim!

Did you know that gold jewelry is not invincible?


Yep, it’s true.


Most gold jewelry has been mixed with other metals called “alloys” to harden the soft precious metal. Chlorine from swimming pools and hot tubs can break down these alloys’ molecular structure and lead to diamonds falling out.


Bleach in several cleaning products can also have the same effect. Think dish washing liquid, laundry detergent, cleaning wipes, toilet bowl cleaner, etc. These common household cleaning products can sometimes include bleach or chlorine in enough amounts to cause damage to your jewelry.



The damage caused by these chemicals may show up right away, but it can  also take years to manifest. No matter the case, chlorine damage to gold is non-reversible because the gold’s structure has broken down. The gold can be temporarily repaired, but it’s liable to break again.



We want to protect your precious jewelry so it lasts a lifetime. Rubber gloves are not enough! Remove any gold before cleaning or taking a dip.